Honey Lemon Tea
March 2, 2022
I was introduced to Korean Citron Tea by my wife. She used to buy the premade jars from the Korean grocery until I started to make this at home. Korean Citron Tea is traditionally used with yuzu, but we use Meyer lemons (since these are easier to find than yuzu, in my experience). We prefer Meyer lemons to regular lemons as they are less acidic and sweeter in taste. I also skip the sugar and use raw honey only.
The benefits of this tea and why it’s perfect before bed:
- There is no caffeine in this tea!
- It helps with hydration – we all know that we can always be a little more hydrated!
- There is no sugar – Rather, you use raw honey to sweeten the tea. Raw honey is a known source of antioxidants and has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Both lemon and ginger (if you choose to include ginger) contain plant compounds that help with digestion.
- It’s helped me with mindfulness – I love drinking this tea before bed (with my phone put away!) because it signals to my brain to slow down and start getting ready for sleep.
- Lastly, this tea has helped me establish a nighttime routine that includes taking my Natrol Melatonin. Melatonin has been so helpful in establishing a sleep routine that has given me more restful sleep, and in turn, better overall health† – and the best part is that it’s 100% drug free! When I prepare my tea, I use it as a reminder to also take my melatonin! Read on for more information about Natrol Melatonin, or click here to purchase!
The recipe for this tea is simple and extremely adaptable to your own needs.
- I like to include a 2” knob of smashed ginger, but you can omit this if you prefer!
- I use a 1 to .75 ratio of lemons to honey. In the pictures, I used 1 cup of sliced lemons (which was roughly 2 medium Meyer lemons) to ¾ cup of raw honey. You can always adjust this to be less or more sweet, depending on your taste!
- You can sub with regular lemons or even a different citrus of your choice! If you opt for a sweet citrus, such as oranges, I would adjust the honey accordingly.
Honey Lemon Tea
- 1 16oz mason jar with airtight lid (or other similarly sized glass container with airtight lid)
- 1 metal or glass bowl do not use wood
- 1 spatula do not use wood
- 2 tbsp coarse salt optional
- 2 Meyer lemons medium size
- 3/4 cup raw honey do not use pasteurized honey
- 2 inch ginger smashed, optional
- Wash your lemons – optional: I like to give a light scrub of the exterior of the lemons with coarse salt.
- Boil a pot of water to sterilize your mason jar and lid.
- Slice your lemons into thin slices (roughly ⅛”). Discard ends. Remove seeds from slices.
- Optional: cut 2” knob of ginger and smash lightly.
- Place lemon slices into metal bowl. Pour raw honey over lemon slices.
- Use non-wood spatula to stir gently and incorporate honey into all lemon slices.
- Take sterilized mason jar and lid (dried) and pour in lemon/honey mixture. Optional: place smashed 2” knob of ginger.
- Close jar tightly and store in refrigerator for at least 24 hours to infuse.
- Take 2 tbsp of lemon/honey mixture and pour hot water. Enjoy!
ABOUT NATROL MELATONIN
Natrol® is the #1 drug-free sleep aid brand^ in America, and their melatonin products assist with occasional sleeplessness by helping you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.† Melatonin is naturally-occurring in the body and helps to establish normal sleep patterns to give you a more restful sleep and in turn, better overall health.†
Natrol® Melatonin Fast Dissolve comes in strawberry flavor that tastes great and can be taken anytime, anywhere. No water needed. It is fast-acting and helps those that have a hard time with swallowing vitamins and supplements. Additionally, Natrol® Melatonin comes in great tasting, strawberry-flavored gummies. Natrol® Melatonin Gummies are non-GMO, gelatin-free, vegetarian, and made with no corn syrup, synthetic dyes, artificial flavors, preservatives, or sweeteners..
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.
THIS BLOG POST IS SPONSORED BY Natrol® Melatonin
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE SPONSORS THAT ALLOW CJ EATS TO CONTINUE MAKING DELICIOUS RECIPES!
LEARN MORE ABOUT Natrol® Melatonin HERE
^Nielsen, xAOC, 52 weeks ending 01/29/22
vilitra 40 – malegra 200 usa and uk cenforce 120 usa and uk