These Sesame Garlic Oil Noodles are one of my favorite 10 minute recipes! It requires very little prep and uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry – and the best part is, they’re freaking delicious!
The best part about this dish is that it requires very few ingredients, and mostly uses everyday pantry items! The sizzling oil is so fragrant and is perfect when you need to put together something fast for a quick and easy lunch or snack.
Watch the Sesame Garlic Oil Noodle Recipe Video Below!
The #1 question I always get is WHAT BRAND OF NOODLES DO I USE? See the photo above for the exact noodles I used in this recipe – I bought them from my local 99 Ranch store! These are my preferred choice of noodles for this recipe because of the texture and how they soak up the sauce perfectly.
This recipe is designed to be adjustable to your preference – the measurements are provided as a guidance but you do NOT have to follow it exactly! For reference, I used 1/2 tbsp of Szechuan chili flakes and would rate this spice level 3 out of 10!
As always, this is optional 🙂
My favorite neutral oil is avocado oil, but you can also use canola or vegetable oil! I don’t use olive oil when cooking Chinese food for two reasons: 1. It has a low burning point and 2. I find that the flavor profile does not usually go with the dish.
DO NOT USE A GLASS BOWL
Please use a ceramic or oven safe bowl – DO NOT USE A GLASS BOWL! I have never had a glass bowl explode on me but I know this is possible, so please do not use them when handling hot oil!
You are handling boiling hot oil in this recipe, so please be safe! Use a small sauce pan you can handle comfortably when heating up the oil and be careful when pouring (go slowly).
Sesame Garlic Oil Noodles
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp Szechuan chili flakes adjust to your spice preference
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp msg optional
- 6 oz dried noodles see image above for specific brand I used!
- 1/4 cup neutral oil I used avocado oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a ceramic or oven safe bowl, add minced garlic, ginger, scallions, sesame seeds, Szechuan chili flakes, sugar, white pepper, and msg.
- Heat 1/4 cup neutral oil to 375F and carefully pour the oil over your ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined. Add a tbsp of soy sauce and sesame oil once the oil has cooled slightly.
- Cook your noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and add to your bowl. Mix, and garnish with freshly chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!