I’ve been loving these quick and easy Sesame Peanut noodles when I need lunch FAST. The sauce comes together in about 10 minutes and is so creamy and delicious with my favorite noodle!
Watch the Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe Video Below!
Pictured above are the EXACT noodles I used for this recipe! The wavy, bouncy texture is perfect for picking up the creamy sauce. I got these from 99 Ranch – hopefully you can find them at your local Asian grocery!
I used sesame paste in this recipe but you can sub with creamy peanut butter (not chunky!) Chinese sesame paste is made from toasted sesame seeds, so it has a deeper flavor than tahini. A natural peanut butter is more similar to what is called for in this recipe than tahini BUT in a pinch, you can also sub with tahini (and add a little bit of sesame oil).
CHILI OIL IS OPTIONAL
I am guilty of using chili oil any chance that I get – but in this recipe, it is completely optional! I find that it adds a nice balance of spice but you can leave it out if you prefer less heat in your dish. If you DO like chili oil and want to know what brand I use at home – it’s my own! I love making my own chili oil – check out my Sichuan Chili Oil recipe here!
CHINESE BLACK VINEGAR
I love Chinese black vinegar because it has a strong, smoky flavor that goes well with soy sauce and spice. If you don’t have any on hand, you can try subbing with rice vinegar 1-1. However, I do recommend you pick up a bottle of Chinese black vinegar if you cook Chinese food at home.
As always, this is optional 🙂
SAVE YOUR NOODLE WATER!
- The starchy water mixed with the other ingredients will create a delicious sauce with the creamiest texture that will coat your noodles beautifully!
- You can also use extra noodle water to loosen up the dish, as the sauce will continue to thicken after being mixed with the noodles.
Sesame Peanut Noodles
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter or sesame paste along with sesame seeds, Chinese black vinegar, light soy sauce, sugar, grated garlic, msg, chili oil. Mix until combined and the sauce is smooth.
- Cook noodles according to package directions or desired doneness. Mix in 1/4 cup of the cooking water to the sauce mixture to create your sauce, then add the drained noodles and mix.
- Top with crushed peanuts, scallions, and chili oil and enjoy!