These SUPER crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are the ultimate holiday side dish or a side to go with your next weeknight meal! This is such a simple recipe that results in a deliciously crispy, sweet & salty brussels sprout that is done in 30 minutes or less!
I personally prefer these extra salty like potato chips, so feel free to season them to your liking with salt at the end! I love making these so much, and they’re the perfect side for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even for family dinners during the week.
Watch the Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe Video Below!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Making Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are A LOT easier to make than they seem! It may be intimidating to get those sprouts crispy at all but this method is extremely simple and results in super crispy brussels sprouts!
Try and buy evenly sized brussels sprouts at the store if you can. You’ll want evenly sized sprouts so that they cook as evenly as possible and crisp up at the same rate. Otherwise, you may have some brussels sprouts that are burnt by the time the larger ones are crispy.
NEUTRAL FLAVORED OIL
I recommend using a high quality neutral-flavored oil for this recipe like canola or avocado oil because of the high temperature of air frying.
Cooking Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts: Recipe Instructions
1. Prepare and cut the Brussels Sprouts in half
Clean your brussels sprouts of excess dirt and pick off any out leaves that may be yellow or wilted. Once they are prepped, simply slice off the root and then cut each brussels sprout in half lengthwise as seen below.
2. Season the Brussels Sprouts
Once the brussels sprouts are cleaned and halved, place them in a large mixing bowl and combine with the oil along with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and honey. Give them a good mix and toss to evenly coat each brussels sprout with seasoning an oil.
3. Air Fry the Brussels Sprouts at high heat
Spray the air fryer basket with a neutral oil spray, then place the brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Remove any loose leaves that may have separated from the brussels sprouts so they don’t burn.
Air Fry them at 400F for 12-14 minutes. Give them a shake to turn them, then air fry again at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
4. Garnish and serve
Once the brussels sprouts are crispy, transfer them to a bowl and season with salt to taste. Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe, check out some of the most popular side dish recipes on the blog!
- Garlic Green Beans
- My ULTIMATE Mashed Potatoes
- The BEST Macaroni and Cheese
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts (SUPER CRISPY)
- Honey Glazed Carrots
COOKING TIMES MAY VARY!
Depending on your oven and the size of your brussels sprouts, cooking times may vary. Check to see how crispy they are and adjust the time to your liking!
BE GENEROUS WITH YOUR OLIVE OIL!
These brussels sprouts will absorb the oil in order to get crispy, so don’t be afraid to add a little extra olive oil on them as needed.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts (SUPER CRISPY!)
- Trim off the root of the brussels sprouts and cut them lengthwise (vertically) into halves and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the neutral-flavored oil to the brussels sprouts and season them with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and honey. Mix until all the brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
- Place the brussels sprouts in a single layer into your air fryer basket. Remove any loose single leaves that have fallen off the brussels sprouts – these will burn.
- Air fry at 400F for 12-14 minutes. Give the air fryer basket a good shake to mix up the brussels sprouts. Air fry a second time at 400F for 8-10 minutes until super crispy.