Korean Cheese Corn is one of my favorite dishes when I go to Korean Barbecue! When I started making KBBQ at home, I had to recreate this dish as well. You’re going to love how easy and quickly it comes together!
You can use either canned or fresh corn! (I personally use canned because it’s easier!)
Good quality un-salted butter is a staple in my kitchen – my favorite brand is Kerrygold! I buy mine in bulk from Costco, as butter keeps in the freezer up to 5 months.
REMOVE AS MUCH MOISTURE FROM THE CORN!
This is my #1 tip – whether you are using canned or fresh corn, you’ll want to add salt (if using canned, this step is AFTER you drain the corn) and let the corn sit for 30 minutes. The salt will draw out an excess moisture from the corn. Make sure to drain well and pat the corn dry. If you skip this step, you will end up with a soggy, watery, cheesy dish.
Korean Cheese Corn
- 4 cups corn canned or fresh
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Rinse corn, drain water, and add salt. Add chopped onion, mix and leave for 30 min. Drain excess water that has pooled to the bottom.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat and add corn and onions and sauté about 5-6 min. Remove from heat.
- In an oven safe dish, add mayo and sugar to corn/onions and mix to combine. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Enjoy!