Baked Crab Dip
December 9, 2021
Appetizers Dips Recipes Seafood Sides
This Baked Crab Dip is THE appetizer you’re going to want to make to impress your friends & family this holiday season! The sweet crab is nicely balanced with the rich cheese and brightness of the lemon – perfect with crackers, bread, or vegetables!
Watch the Baked Crab Dip Recipe Video Below!
Ingredients for the best Crab Dip!
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make the BEST Baked Crab Dip!
- Lump Crab Meat
- Cream Cheese
- Cajun Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Lemon Juice & Zest
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
LUMP CRAB MEAT
If possible, try to avoid the canned lump crab meat and go for fresh or frozen. I find that there is a significant difference in flavor. I got mine from Whole Foods!
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing your ingredients! This will allow for a creamier mixture.
GRATE YOUR CHEESE
I highly recommend you grate your own cheese (vs. buying the pre-grated kind). Pre-grated cheese contain preservatives and additives to keep the cheese shreds from clumping, and I find that it impacts the taste and texture.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THIS DIP?
This dip is so delicious, I think it goes with almost anything! But in case you need ideas, I usually serve this with any of the following:
- Toasted baguette slices
- Crackers (buttery crackers pair really nicely with this dip!)
- Endive leaves (my personal favorite!)
- Carrot sticks
- Cucumber spears
- Sliced radishes
Baked Crab Dip
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- sharp cheddar cheese grated
- chives chopped
- Melt butter over medium heat and add lump crab meat and cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Saute for 3-4 minutes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add mayo, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, grated cheddar cheese, and chives. Add in your hot crab and mix thoroughly until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mixture to a 20 oz baking dish and top with more cheddar cheese. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes then broil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Serve with vegetables/crackers/bread of your choice & enjoy!